To set the record straight

Last night on CH 7 amongst other things in the fishing report it was stated " Sema 4 and Henley jetties Blue swimmer crabs "Well folks if you think of heading to Sema 4 forget it as it is closed for repairs and yes I went for a drive this morning to get my facts right.According to a report in the messenger couple weeks ago the jetty will be open around xmas time for 3 weeks ( I believe it when I see it)and full repairs are not expected to be finished till June 2010 so that means jetty will be closed till then.

yep stated the same in a crabbing post yesterday semi def not open and speaking of semi jetty wanna hear a funny story i was at the beach there with my boys last week watching them pull the old timbers of using a grinder to remove the old lugs,the workers were all at lunch when i noticed the jetty on fire,i ran up from the beach to report it to the workers eating at the kiosk and then had to laugh as i watched three workers with fire buckets running back and forth from the tap at the end of the jetty to the water line where the fire was to put the fire out.when they had finished putting it out i asked them what the rope on there bucket was for and they all looked at me blankly.. :blink::blink: now my way of thinking would be that the rope would be to lower the bucket to the sea water and use that water to put the fire out i didnt have the heart to explain it to them :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• 2 weeks later...