I hear they're a bit thin on the ground at Goolwa recently, but I was talking about MUD cockles earlier in another thread.Posted ImageSection bank and/or Pt Gawler northwards! Have a dig around and see what ya come up wiv! These one's are 3.0cm min, and a bag limit of 300! Happy hunting! {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifNormally, for cockles in numbers Goolwa is ya best bet. Cockle season is from November to May. For Goolwa cockles, 3.5cm minimum, and 600 per person.Posted ImageIf you've never dug cockles before, it's pretty simple. Look for little "V"s in the sand/surf as the water recedes, and dig down a few inches. Coz it's the cockles which make thes "V"s. You'll normally come across small ones first, so dig an inch or so further, and you'll find them.There's a thing called the cockle dance. It's sorta like doing the twist barefoot in the sand, so that ya feet dig down and ya can feel them wiv ya toes, then ya get down to grab em and dig a little further wiv ya hands.I've never worried too much about tide. I start digging at the high water mark, and if I dont find em I move further in, but never deeper than about knee level.Carry an onion bag or some sorta container wiv ya to stick ya cockles in, and go for it!Posted ImagePosted ImagePS: we wear wetsuits at Goolwa, coz it can get mighty cold down in that water!Lemme know if ya need any further help!