finally seen a white

whent out for a fishy fish sish this arvo left from nth haven and shot round to port gawler ish way to get a feed of crabs whilewaiting for the wind and swell to drop of a bit before heading out deeper..well the wind and swell never dropped of so after getting bugger all crabs and a few gar we headed out for a shot at some snapps.heading out was a bit rough and just the way i like it spent as much time air borne as we did touching water :):) got to said spot we planned on trying and being our first time there we were sounding around checking out the grounds when another boat came scooting in and anchored right in front of us :angry::angry::angry: not to worry ttaveled to far to bother shifting so found some likley features on the sounder and dropped the pick (with the new winch i might add but thats another post in the making)only to find i was having the same problems as last time out the bloody thing wont hold as soon as it gets a bit rough...i have already upsized my chain to double the gauge and have 7 mtrs of it.any way spent a while fishing there for a few undersize snapps and a few doggies and had just bent over the side to give the onion sack a shake when bugger me there he was,it was only a very brief encounter but what an awsom sight it looked like a submarine going past tried to entice him back so i could get a better look but not to be he was gone and i was left wishing he would come back but hey i finally saw one :):)

haha.. good stuff carps. Had a close encounter a few weeks back with one around 12ft. Great sight. He cruised through and then came back and forth till his fin was out of the water and then just slowly took off.On your anchor.. what type are you running ? had the same problem in 90ft of water the other week in rough weather and think I have it sussed but specific to the type of anchor.On a side note, plenty of crabs out front of AAMI stadium today :P

There's some areas out in the Gulf that are silty mud bottoms and no matter what setup you've got you just won't hold in the rougher weather.... it drives me nuts when you position yourself and let out lots of rope and next thing your 200 metres behind the spot and still driftingSounds like you've got enough chain to hold the rode low on the anchor

i have heard mixed reports about the sarca anchors but was chatting to a bloke last night at the ramp who had a sarca and even though he said he hasnt tried any other anchors he said he has only lost the bottom once so maybe worth a shot thanks fishie ;) oh and he had a macho craft that weighs 2.5 ton loaded

You'll find the bow roller will be more expensive than the anchor... the sarca roller is designed to self right the anchor into the rollerMy SARCA and bucketloads of chain never fails now.... also with the SARCA if you find you are not hooking up simply chuck the motor in reverse and allow the anchor to bite in and hold