Book - Angling on the Lower Eyre Peninsula

Was trolling through the wildcoast website and came across the store bit and found a book on there titled "Angling on the Lower Eyre Peninsula" written by Shane Murton and Ben Knaggs.I quite enjoy reading Shanes articles so thought i'd buy it. Has anyone read this book before?If no one has read it i'll post up a review when i've received it in the mail :)

• 1 month later...

Had forgotten about this :) So here it is.....The book is co-authored by Ben Knaggs and Shane Murton (Editor of Wildcoast Magazine) and is a 48 page A5 sized book solely describing angling on the Lower Eyre Peninsula. My initial thoughts were this book is no where near as big as I thought it would be and with a conservative amount of advertising in it thought it may be a lemon.... but!After reading through the book cover to cover it really is a very handy book to own. It contains very detailed information on roughly 15 areas around the lower eyre peninsula. With every bit of informtion you could ask for including:*species that may be encountered and common sizes*what is around at certain times throughout the year*where to go if you are landbased or have access to a boat*what berley works best*what gear and rigs work for selected areas*maps of areas and detailed descriptions of how to reach each spot*brief description of the main targeted species and lures/rigs/gear/times to target and bait required*and many other useful bits of informationI will be bringing this book along with me when I venture down into new territory after Christmas at Coffin Bay. I am very unfamiliar with the areas described in the book but I feel after reading this I can confidently head out and catch my desired species. It is a specific and very detailed read on the area and I feel a great addition to my ever expanding library. At only $7 from the wildcoast website store you will not be disappointed!*I would like to add I have only written this as I wanted to share it with others and I have no affiliation with the authors, everything written is my opinion only*CheersTom

• 1 year later...