West Lakes 23rd may

Just for those who like to fish or read about my attempts at SWFF here is a little piece from today. :roll: Arrived at the lake around 9am and after doning my Waders. And I am pretty sure a knight in shinning armour had less trouble getting into his suit than I do into PVC pants :lol: .Anyway hit the water and noticed it was very low in level .Not to sure if it was low tide or the water levels are very low at present .So thinking are there any fish in here after reports saying there were very few fish.And on my fourth cast bang I am off and bang on and off again two more casts and bang on and off .Some small Bream playing with my fly moving spots I pulled in my fly to notice that one of the fish had removed one of the flies eyes .So not to bore anyone and several more moves and changes of flies with small bream follows and one of an unknown fish following a pink and black fly .I settled back to where I began and bang a very very small tiny tiny tiny bite.And that was that .I ended up chatting with a couple of older bait fishers and chatting with them while I dried off.They were having better luck than me 1 STin the bucket of the high 20's to 30cm's. And lots of undersized Bream caught and released.So what did I learn today yes the fish are there but are very hard to catch on flies.More work on my part to catch them I think I shall return to my old tricks of walking from one side of the lake to the other in my hunt for my scaly friends .And as I drove home I noticed the lake was spewing water into the port river so not to sure if low tide had started when I arrived or levels have been kept low.Cheers and tight lines

Join the club MJ,I fished for about 4hrs this morning for zilch in the lake .I tried h/b's and s/p's large and small all to no avail.Same as you i could only get a few taps from the midgets in the shallowsI caught a few S/Ts on the way home in the port but it as L tide and i didn,t bother hanging around or keeping any of them. cheers brenton

Ah mate spewing! I got some new flies given to me kindly from Thahn, they look the goods. I've gotta get out tomorrow morning for abit of a fly flick!

Nah Chaser I was not used to my waders when on I was on leave ,and I got lazy fishing just one beach.There was more water in my waders from sweating than in the lake.4 weeks back at work non stop walking I am back {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifIf I get out tomorrow the old mickyj will be back with waders but walking from one side of the lake to the other.Or beach to beach if you like.The one thing with fly fishing is keep plodding along {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif

''mickys got waders''.about time dude {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifblindyaka brent61sthoz

Hey Brent Yeah the fish were complaining about my hairy legs mate {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifnot to mention the last time i went out and stood in a burly trail something was banging into my wading boots {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif