Boating for a feed of shark...

Where can my mate and I go in a boat to find small sharks? Specifically gummies/bronzies or schoolies (haha not year 12's who have just finished school!).We tried grange tyre reef yesterday for whiting and sharks but didn't get any runs on the shark rods. Managed 2 nice whiting and a leathery as well as snapper on the whiting rods. It got ridiculous so we had to move a couple of times to avoid the snapper smashing our baits but they were that thick they couldn't be avoided. (Yes i'm aware of the ban, yes I'm aware you can't target them and no I was not specifically targetting them and yes they were all returned to the water in perfect condition and all swam off brilliantly)I'm not looking for peoples spots but more so a point in the right direction to a general area. Not after anything big but we want to chase them from the boat so we don't get hastled by idiots telling us we're breaking the law. I do admire how all the jetty sharkers on here manage to put up with the flack they cop but I'd like to avoid!Any help will be greatly appreciated guys/gals!Cheers

Small Bronzie can be found around the northern metro area as the waters warm at this time of year.In a small boat for my money I'd be heading off the section bank, anywhere west of St Kilda through to the silt grounds at Outer Harbour.Troll a lure for snook on the way out, so that you've got back-up baits if need be, but my preference would be for Tommie, Shittie or Slimey livebaits suspended under a balloon.Get a berley trail happening, and when the small fish turn up and start schooling, hopefully the Bronzies wont be too far behind.Ya don't need too much in the way of tackle for these little ones, and ya can even make do with one of those bought and pretied "Toothy" rigs if need be, but check the crimps if ya do!I've always had most luck in fairly calm conditions on nice clear days.Good luck!