INFEET are nice rods for the Price and the INFEET reels are also great value imo. They are a 2004 reel, with a ultra smooth light drag and a capacity of 100m of 4lb line. Very simialar to the Gekabijin but a little heavier, no manual bail trip and less crbb bearings, but still very good for their price range!If u want to got the next step up I recommend the Saltist LRF 7'2" rod. I have got one and for light work they are brilliant. They happily cast a wide range of lures and are good for plastics and hardbodies. I have worked Sugar Minnows, SXs, VXs, F and CD5s and more. They weigh only 95 grams!!95 grams means reels feel heavy so a Geks or a Luvias is an ideal partner. Ive got a Caldia Kix 1500 on mine, but i fliked Coreys with a 2000 Luvias and it was PERFECT, best light Combo ive ever picked up!!food for thought Brooksey..

If you're after something incredibly well balanced and light, something built on quality components, something suited to a lightweight reel, something you cant buy off the shelf, something tailor made, something maybe a lil like these:http://www.blackdiamondrods.com/product ... #pgcontenthttp://www.blackdiamondrods.com/product ... #pgcontenthttp://www.blackdiamondrods.com/product ... #pgcontentI've got a coupla brand new, never been used models here that I'd part with for a very reasonable sum.

ranger i love seeing different rods those ones you had looked good are the short butts a problem tho when fighting fish, iv been thinking about a TD zero or a SALTIST LRF wat do you think of them?

Mate rads are a very personal thing. The idea of the short butt is to keep the reel seat as far down as possible, maximising the working length of the blank.Then ya move up to the skeleton butts, where the reel seat is still in the standard position, but any excess weight is kept to a minimum.Then there's the standard long butts.Everyone has their own preference, including weight systems where weight can be added or removed dependant on whether you're chucking sp's or hb's.Really the only important thing is that you get a rod long enough to give you a decent casting distance, that it's well balanced with the reel you intend to use (So make sure you try your reel on it before purchase), and that it feels good in your hand.With lure spinning outfits you're gonna be casting it hundreds of times during the course of the day, and this does get tiring, so you have to ensure it's light, well balanced and comfortable. After that, brands, names, prices and reputations are unimportant!If YOU like the Saltist or Zero, and you've mounted your reel on one, if it balances well, if it feels good, then that's the rod for you, REGARDLESS of anyone elses opinion.If ya really want MY advice, Daiwa has built a solid name for themselves, they use quality components, they provide a decent warranty on their goods, they have a reputation amongst anglers, they're market leaders in their field, they're constantly developing new innovations and they're readily available. Geez, I'd buy both! {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifGo and see the boys at Salisbury Tackleworld our site sponsor, where ya can check out the rods properly, compare the two, get some GOOD advice on a range of rods, and try your reel on them for size, and tell em Ranger sent ya! And remember, as well as getting the advice there, they'll match any price you can come up with! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifAlso, check out the range of hb's and sp's they now stock, it'll blow you away!

Thanks ranger for the advice I'm sure he'll consider the above of what you have just said. But I think Brooksey will most likely buy his rod at Adelaide Bait and Tackle, and tell em M_C sent ya {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif But I think I'll have to check out these H'Bs and SP's everyones been raving about at STW. -Cheers

I think Brooksey will most likely buy his rod at Adelaide Bait and Tackle, and tell em M_C sent ya

Sorry! I'm a simpleton at heart, and I forget that not everyone lives in the northern suburbs! {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gifTackleworld, Adelaide Bait & Tackle, St Kilda Tackle & Tucker or Complete Angler. Makes no difference as long as you're supporting those who support us! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif