Hooking up a live bait

Heading over to yorkes next week for about 5 days, im hoping to get a few kingies or mullies, never had any success hooking a live bait up, not that ive done a lot of that anyway, i no with a squid u put 1 hook through the front part of tube and 1 hook through tail of tube, but how do u do a gar or tommie, pressumming they will be prolific over there and thats what ill be using, the coupla times ive done it i seem to paralise the fish and they dont move or just die, any tips boys?Cheers

:laugh: I wish, Me and the missus staying at the Point Turton Spa Cabins $110 a night if u hire for 3 nights or more, its one of my favorite spots over yorkes and the first time we lashed out and got a spa cabin, love sitting on the balcony up on the cliffs and looking out over the water and surrounding area as the sun goes down fresh fish on the bbq and a cold bevvy, then its just a short stumble onto the jetty for a nights fishing, cant wait :)