shark special this Friday

Guest fishum

Cheating DeathTuna Cowboys 8pm ? 9pm National GeographicFriday 30 May 2008Nick Pluker has one of the most dangerous jobs in the world; he is a wild sea-going cowboy who each year heads out into the perilous Southern Ocean to round up his herd - Southern bluefin tuna. The challenge is to muster the fish, defend the lucrative catch from sharks, eager for a taste of the valuable stock, and return safely to the tuna farm on the coast with every single fish alive and unscathed. For the first time ever the drama of one of these treacherous musters is captured on camera. Tuna Cowboys ventures 250 miles out to sea to witness the action-packed muster and the fearless wrangles as the cowboys take on the sharks while slowly making their way home.Genre: DocumentaryYear: 2003Country: New ZealandRating: PGOther: Duration: 60 mins
National Geographic Channel 612There are back to back episodes

I watched this. I found it very intersting to watch how they round the fish up with the chum boat and than net them and then transfer them to the larger pens. just amazing.but those blokes are nuts working on the cage in all seas and wrestling sharks ect.not for me I think. the money must be very good.Cheers Ian

Guest fishum

At a thousand dollars for one tuna and a haul back with 3-4 million dollars per run,and these guys only work 2 months of the year.Yes they are very well paid,enough to last them for the rest of the year.