fishing photography

I have been looking at all these photos of the fish you guys catch and it has me wondering about the cameras you might be using.I dont take my camera when I go fishing I think it is a rather expensive camera kit and im affraid of getting water into it.So do you guys use anything special as far as cameras go?Water proof ect?Just wondering.Cheers Ian

I only have 1 camera and thats a Fuji 6500F so it is to good a camera to treat rough, I have it in a padded bag when I take it on the boat or other spots, some phone cameras take terric photos you would think they are of some you beaut camera, but the phone camera seems to give good results[/color:2r61ro8u]

I have a kodak easy share 3.1 mega pixel cost $250 about 4 years ago,now you can get 8 mega pixel for that cost.Its idiot proof, point and shoot.Since digital photography came along i havent touched my SLR.I believe a SLR camera puts out far superior pictures in the right hands. I prefer digital for ease and convenience.

Guest Butters

I use an Olympus 725SW - 5m Water proof/ 1.5m Shock proof.. 7.1 megapixHandy as on the boat being water proof.. easy to clean aswell if i get fish slime on it... just run it under the tap {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

I use an Olympus 725SW - 5m Water proof/ 1.5m Shock proof.. 7.1 megapixHandy as on the boat being water proof.. easy to clean aswell if i get fish slime on it... just run it under the tap {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

that sounds like a good one Butters, so you can take under water pics to 5 meters, nice

Have a Canon 20D, 8meg SLR, image stabilizer lens 18-105mm, generally use polarizer filter, all SABT photos posted were with filter, not cheap, about $3500 & not waterproof, the bag is waterproof.Plano have a range of hard cases, just released, similar to Pelican style but with air vent, great for handheld GPS, MP3, camera, binos etc 3 sizes, $25 - $40.We have them instock.Finatic

I own a lil digital Olympus 4 megapixel, weatherproof, idiotproof job, but I hardy ever remember to carry a camera with me, so it doesn't get used very often.From forgetting the camera though, I have learnt that my mobile phone takes REALLY crappy shots! {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif

Being a highly skilled yet modest professional, well versed in all things imaginable, I hardly think my photographical downfalls could be blamed on anything other than technological flaws and shortcomings!Did that sound convincing? {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gifOne thing that does bother me though. My fish always look much smaller in photos, than their true size in the stories I tell of them! {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif