Hopefully we never get this bad!

but we are getting close..a web site i view regulary is Field and Stream. based in the US but it has a lot of great articles for fishing and hunters alike.. one of the stories that caught my eye a while back was about banning the capture of frogs and taddies in drains ditches and ponds etc by kids.http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/fishing/2010/11/chad-love-california-town-bans-fishing-frog-nettingi see our SA government as pretty dodgy at times when it comes to these sorts of things.. im just hoping it never gets that bad that a kid cant catch some taddies down his local "crick" and watch them grow into frogs at home..

i see our SA government as pretty dodgy at times when it comes to these sorts of things.. im just hoping it never gets that bad that a kid cant catch some taddies down his local "crick" and watch them grow into frogs at home..

Actually, as it stands I dont think you can!If it's a native species I believe it's prohibited to take it from the wild under our current DEHAA (Dept Environment, Heritage & Aboriginal Affairs) permit system!I've been faced with this issue myself, housing snakes. There are spicies who's diet in the wild consists maily of lizards and frogs, but when kept in captivity is is illegal for us to collect this food source, so we must instead attept to slowly wean them onto a diet of mice or rat instead, which can have it's own extreme difficulties....especially when trying to constantly forcefeed a venomous snake for it's survival.I also remember as a nipper, how much fun it actually was to grab a coathanger, steal mum's stockings and head off to the creek for an adventure! I've always been a bit strange like that though! :ohmy: