Hey! fellas, I know it's against company rules, but the big school of trevors that was laying of the platform moved to lay off the barge within casting distance, so under the cover of darkness I retrieved the old rod from it's hiding spot and landed these 2, total of 6 casts, caught 2 dropped 2 last one got the last remaining lure, the rig rod is a silstar 7' med, with silstar 60 series reel, don't know it's origins but it's one of those budget models, got a home made tip guide & crank handle, appears to be loaded with about 30lb line that's as stiff as fencing wire. Hard work as the boat landing handrails are about 4' high and I couldn't get the but down low for leverage had to fight with it under my arm pit. I guess they went about 12 -15 kg each, originally thought they were GT's but now tend to think they may be goldens. These were caught of the coast of Republic of Congo West Africa.Cheers, spog size=640http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/kSYWqCAb__GT1.JPG[/img]

Back again! the identity of the fish has been bugging me, the extra long anal & dorsal fins, the tinge of gold & that black spot at the top of the gill cover, things I had never seen before. Finally tracked it down, Caranx Hippos, or Crevalle Jack as it is known in the gulf of mexico, seems it?s an Atlantic trevally, & according to the info 35 lbs just about sees them out. Like all trevers I was impressed with the fight, If they?re back again tonight I?m going to risk a warning letter & have another crack, only need 3 letters to get a window seat home for good.Cheers spog

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long to reply Yobbo, but had trouble posting the pic.I,m on a tender assisted drilling unit, basically we use a 200 ton crane to erect a drilling rig on the clients platform, then supply power, drilling fluids & human resources for drilling operations. size=574http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/P0uEaGdg__AIRIAL_PICK__03__T8a.jpg[/img]

Sorry it took so long to reply Yobbo, but had trouble posting the pic.I,m on a tender assisted drilling unit, basically we use a 200 ton crane to erect a drilling rig on the clients platform, then supply power, drilling fluids & human resources for drilling operations.

No Worries mate, I understand totaly. :)

Hey pillie, If the same fella owns a Bar crusher, he was on our rig about 3 weeks ago, had a few BS sessions with him, loves his fishing. I've met him a couple of times, he works for Halliburton so he moves around all the rigs as required, carries a 3 piece & overhead with him where ever he goes. I'm pretty sure he was on his way home when he left our rig, so's probably due back shortly.Cheers, Spog

Yeah mate thats him ;)Sure does love his fishing hows that three piece holding up for him8)they look like different species of fish that he was getting last tripanyway they all pull hard when u have to keep an eye over each shoulder ;Dkeep up the good work and keep them photo's rolling in :)cheers Adam