PIRSA/SARFAC Engine Room Reconciliation workshop

Hi All,Stage 3 of the Workshops is locked in for the 19th of this month (April)PIRSA have entitled it the "Engine Room". This is where all the previous plans and discussions should be worked through to make a final plan to mend the long held rifts between the Recreational Fishers and the Fisheries Management (PIRSA)PIRSA have a new Managing Director and we were introduced to him at the last SARFAC General Meeting. He was extremely positive in attitude with a strong desire to move issues along quickly which have stagnated in the past. Everybody will now be aware of the lifting of the Port river anchoring ban which should have been done a few years ago!!I am looking forward to this Meeting and hopefully some of the positive outcomes that we can all build on.

Tony, is there to be a broad agenda released prior to the workshop and a list of those persons representing rec. fishers?In doing so, this would enable those attending to have some appreciation of the views of the broader fishing community.Difficult task I appreciate - perhaps herding cats springs to mind, however considering the diverse views, it may help.All the best to those attending.

No B&K, there are no Agendas, it is purely an invitation, from PIRSA, to the elected representatives of the rich and varied Membership which is SARFAC :) I will be wearing my SAFWAA Pres. Hat and our Vice Pres will be attending too.Naturally, we will be banging our drum as loudly as we can and our first priority will be to chase a decision on opening SA Water Reservoirs to the South Australian Recreational Fishing Community.With all the positives which have come from the last two rounds of Workshops, I'm very excited about a good outcome but there is still a long road to travel and please be aware that nothing is for free, some financial costs will inevitably be incurred!

Thank you Tony. Have to say I'm a tad surprised there is no basic agenda as I've attended many state and national workshops involving Govt. Depts - all had an agenda so participants were well prepared.Ah well, we shall just have to wait until the full outcome of discussions is made available on the PIRSA forum of S&H :ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...