Thinking about Fly fishing

G'day everyone, i know this has probably been done to death, but im looking for info on what i need to get to get into fly fishing, im very tempted to join up with the SAFWAA, and i was hoping i could get some info on what i need, im mainly looking at a setup for trout and redfin, with the occasional metro fish for bream, and carp in the torrens, what sort of rod weight would i be better off with, dont really have an idea on flies or anything, basically a complete newbie, but i would like to get into tying my own flies at some stage, cheers everyone, sorry for the repetative post..Jaydo

do it - for everything that's made of it, flyfishing is pretty damn easy to learn the basics of. Give it 5 minutes and you'll be able to slap down a cast no problems. If you join, the club has a number of fly rods to loan out to members. Plenty of people (me included) would be happy to help out. A 5-weight would do the trick for what you want by the sounds of it in my limited knowledgeWatching a trout take a dry fly off the surface is something I think every fisho should experience - its great fun.

I was in a similar situation not so long back, also asking for advice.It was recommended to me not to spend a heap of cash to start with, and that $100-150 would get an outfit to start off with.I was informed to look out for a 9 footer, 6 weight.After my initial purchase a couple of the SAFWAA boys too me down to a patch of water and showed me how to chuck the thing.As suggested, a few minutes and you're away.

ok, so ive done a little research and short of buying from overseas, which has not been ruled out i came across this australian company and found one that im interested in,http://www.a1flyfishing.com.au/shop/fly-rods/combo-trout-6wt-outfit/prod_450.htmlanyone here had any experience with this company http://www.a1flyfishing.com.au/shop/fly-rods/combo-trout-6wt-outfit/prod_450.htmlfrom what ive seen on the net and the quality of the cheap rods vs these they seem pretty good, plus lifetime warranty on them..interested to hear your idea's Jayden