Today I was just looking at the southern suburbs using google maps and I came across a dam and river named Fountain Valley. Just wondering:a) Is it legal to fish thereb)If so, what can you catch and howI would like to start to involve myself in the freshwater fishing scene so any help on this newfound Fountain Valley place would be fantastic.

hi there breambo, i happen to know alot about that pond right there as im just a 5 minute walk from there, fairly big carp, average size 40-60cm, plenty catfish lately (bring some pliers as they have a mild poison in their spines) small redfin (not worth catching/eating) tench (havent caught one yet) and crucian/golden carp (smallest things in the pond) and yesterday had a nice suprise on the end of my line, a turtle. just bring some bread and size 10-4 hooks on a running sinker rig (or whiting rig)if your not busy at all im gonna head down there at 4pm today if you wanna learn a thing or two ;)cheers, Alastair