Feedback on New Fishing Line Wanted...

G'day AllAnyone had a chance yet to "road test" the new Berkley NanoFil fishing line?I notice it got a mention on page 9 of the latest Wildcoast and also on page 61 of the latest SA Angler and it all sounds wonderful according to the accompanying blurb - however, I was wondering how it performs in real life.Cheersaf

I've only used it once,yes with a leader the same as fireline etc its does cast a mile but seems to hang in the air a bit more "that might be because of the extra distance though" I didn't have any problems with it trying to jump off the spool but it does have some memory "that may get better or worse with time" who knows.I did get 1 guide wrap but i was really wacking out the distance casts on a bit of a sloppy rod which could of been the problem??when it did guide wrap it pretty well shaved up the outside coating of the line and if i was serious i would of retied the leader and removed said portion of line but as i was just testing i left it on until the end of the session with no further problems....the strength of the shaved segment didn't appear to be compromised when i gave it a decent yank.I was given it to test it out but i would take a wait and see approach if money was tight as i'm not convinced yet.cheers nereus