ive been using tuna oil for a while off the rocks now,gives a real nice slick, and also pour a bit on the bait before casting.the other day i went for a fish....put some on my bait,but would line a tad too much for casting...( i like about 4ft hanging before casting the alvey...) so i let some out,bait went into a puddle and all the oil washed off.....(instantly)this has got me wondering if tuna oil actually does anything at all?great for surface fish,and ive been told that sometimes snapper will feed on the top,but ive never seen it....am i wasting time an money by adding to bait for it to just wash off?i will still use from rocks in the form of a slick and adding to berley mix

Make sure that you are getting 100% Tuna Oil, It should by stated on the label. A two or three years ago there was a few shonkies around Adelaide selling stuff that was cut with vegie oil and contained only about 5% Tuna oil, just enough to give it the smell. The genuine stuff sticks like s**t to a blanket and should take quite a while to wash off.RogerG

Guest undertaker

On bigger baits under a float / balloon,I like to use a syringe,and inject about 10ml up the baits "backside".As the bait drifts,the oil leaks out,and leaves a nice slick behind it......a ready made berley trail to your 10 / 0's.As RogerG said,make sure you get the "real deal" though.

R Hunt Esq used to have a range of stuff under 'his name'....He withdrew fom a line of'Tuna Oil' when he discovered the supplier was using 95% veg oil (canola I think)He went up in my estemm when he did this.........and yer not wasting yer time..... Tuna oil is great for snapper..mix it with burley pellets and freeze the mixture, then place in a burley bucket and sink it.