Custom Super Stick- Steve Morris.

Hey fellas trying to find out abit of info in this rod.. I picked it up for 15 bucks.. It is a custom super stick made by Steve Morris at SA Fishing Tackle. Ill throw a couple of pictures up but they will be from my phone. It is 2m long I think with an old school roller on it. Sorry about the crappy pics, I wouldn't have a clue where my camera went.I can see the eyes are rusting abit under the epoxy, How hard is it to replace eyes on rods?This rod is pretty strong, I can put it on my lap and push down as hard as I can till I go red and it is nowhere near breaking, I would rate it as 30kilo? I was thinking about chucking a 6/0 or 9/0 on it and go paddle some shark baits out with it, Can't think of much else to use it for. Cheers guys

Photo0022.jpg

Photo0023.jpg

Photo0024.jpg

Photo0026.jpg

Not 100% sure on the rod you have there , but most of those super sticks were butterworth blanks and many were rated at 24kg, they also made lots of 15kg rods and even lighter ones too. The guides were pretty flimsy but still pretty good game gear. Strong blanks those old 50lb stix, not really the same as the 50lb stix on the market these days wouldnt u say?

Hi mate, They used to be made by Steve at the Reel Rod shop on grange rd, findon.not sure if its still there or not but he now runs Topshot Tackle 42 bacon st. hindmarsh. I had a surf rod made by him many years ago (10ft flick stick fury)and its still my all time favourite rod. I reckon you got a bargain for $15.00Cheers.