Help me fish The Illusion

Hi GuysIm a first time on this website and on Thursday will be a first timer on fishing the illusion. Has anyone got any advice for me on catching the reds at the illusion? I will be there from Thursday to Sunday. Also, will there be many Big Reds around then? Like I said dont have much knowledge of the illusion. Have done alot of snapper fishing here at Kangaroo Island at Emu Bay but thats really about it.Help on Bait and what type of line to use and how to get the great fish around would be very very helpful.thanks

Scud, Id use the same techniques/ lines and bait as you would at Emu Bay.If that doesnt work for you maybe try different baits with diferent presentations.The local charters seem to use mainly tommies or trumpeters, but fresh squid mackerel or pilchards would be well worth a try too.The times Ive been over there the Charters seem to use 50lb paternoster rigs on medium rods with 4-5000 size reels, though thats real "come here" gear.Dont forget the tide in that general area can be pretty strong, so decent leads might be needed, depending just when you fish.

Hi Guys I will be there from Thursday to Sunday. Also' date=' will there be many Big Reds around then? Like I said dont have much knowledge of the illusion. Have done alot of snapper fishing here at Kangaroo Island at Emu Bay but thats really about it.thanks[/quote']now let me see ;) [attachment=7729]crystalball.JPG[/attachment]nope no big reds for you oh well :P:P:P:P
:laugh::laugh::laugh: