berley mincer, electric

Hi guys, I find myself making lots of snapper burley at this time of year for my many snapper hunting trips , At present i use a large manual grinder that i purchased from the Master Butcher association on Churchill rd many years ago and while it does a great job it can be a half day or more job , [not to mention Bloody tiring] if im mincing large heads and frames, Strikes me that fisherman are an inventive lot so does anyone have any ideas ? , like some fishos i have used "insinkerators" but was not happy about the end result as it was a paste rather than very small pieces !, I have heard that people use electric mulchers however im not sure about the saftey issue etc, Any Ideas Please fellas

Not a tight arse at all Cooki. I use a garden mulcher that belongs to a fellow fisho of mine and find that it works a treat, although I do agree that they tend to make them a more purue (mush) style of berley. I also incorporate some pellets through the mulcher as well and then freeze. As I only do beach fishing using a frozen block (berley layered into a 20lt bucket making about 5 blocks) they last quite awhile.They are safe enough if you treat with respect. Turn them off and disconnect the spark plug lead when or if they become jammed (larger heads and frozen stale baits tend to do this) and you have to clear the blades. A good wash out at the dam is essential after the exercise and the trout love it. B)

thanks surf-94, sounds like your mulcher is motorised and not electric, my main concern is water meets electricity and we have a 58 year old light bulb [me] ha ha , with all the cheap Chinese imports in oz these days i will get it checked out and give it a go , Cheers for all the info and tight lines