Newbie questions

G'day alexcarn, Qu1. I use Gink (floatant) and I also use Rio Dry X fly drying shake to remove any moisture from my fly/s before i apply floatant.Qu2. Tippet is attached to the end of your tapered leader, Tippet length can vary from a couple of feet up to several metres depending on where your fishing and how pressured the fish are. For Dry fly in a open area I normally fish a (5ft floating poly leader we wont go there yet) 9ft tapered leader followed by about 6 ft of tippet. Don't go to long if your just starting out as the tippet and fly wont roll out for you and will end in big mess. I'd probably stick with using a 9ft to 12ft tapered leader with a couple of feet tippet at most, then start adding length as your casting improves ;) Qu3. You can us very fine Fluorocarbon for dry fly presentations but I would stick to mono to start with it's cheaper and you can get away with not greasing it ;) Hope this helps cheers1fish :boot: