Leaving crabnets Unattended

Finally alive again after almost a month with no internet after the relocation back to the Steelcity. In that time Ive had a few questions just eating away at me, so in a quest to find the answers, went to a local tackle store only to have more questions arise. The questions are regarding leaving crabnets unattended, more importantly "Drop Nets" (2 metal rings) apposed to "Hoop Nets" (1 metal ring).What I'm wanting to do is drop them off on the way out fishing and pick them up on the way back in.I was told that you can do this with hoop nets but not drop nets. In the recreational fishing guide it just explains that both hoop and drop nets just need to be marked

1 white buoy, 4 litres in volume 1 tag with name and address of owner if unattended

and that you can only use 3 nets when using other fishing gear.Is there more to this rule thats not in the fishing guide?Would dropping nets off and picking them up be worth it or would the next boat to come along knock them off?You would hope the most people out on the water would leave your fishing gear alone but we don't live in a perfect world or am I just being paranoid?Paul