Getting sharked on Bream Gear!!!!!!

This happened a while ago... last summer but i thought it was a good story to post.My dad decided to take to boat out for a spin for some whiting, as usual brooksey's keen to come. Went out for some whiting but as i remeber it was pretty slow so decided to fish the channel. We fished the channel for an hour catching tiny snaps and baby whiting, just mucking around. My dad decideds that times up and we should start to head back in as the sun was about to set, so he says "last baits". I put my last bit of cockle down and strait away im on to a tiny little snap which would have measured a how 15cm...lol lol I turn around to see Brooksey hooked up to a tiny snap aswell, he pulled about mid water when "bang" his rod loads up like ive never seen and Daiwa Advantage load up before, then all of a sudden line starts peeling of at a million miles and hour.... I here Harley go "s%#t" somethings hit it on the way up....Now by that time about 100m has already come of his line and and its seems to be speading up... my dad quickly pulls the anchor and where on the chase. This things going every where, around 5 boats and i dont no how it didn't collect there lines then aroudn a pole and finnaly out into the open. Harleys little daiwa exceller is red hot and i think smoke is comming of it... We followed this thing and every time we got over the top of it, it would sit there for 5 seconds then scream off again... I was calling it a bronzie but im still unsure what it was... We followed this thing for two hours... with the smae outcome.... Get ontop of it and it would shoot of again... after aroudn two hours my dad said snap the line ive had enough.... and that was the end of it.... heres a few pics of the fight...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Guest undertaker

Nice posting ;)I remember a guy at Stenhouse had a large ray on a cockle and 6lb line.........he thought he had a chance :o :icon_lol:Then his missus yelled at him to hurry,she was getting cold ::)On getting a glimpse of her,I'd rather have spent my time trying with for ray as well........ray was definately a lot thinner and better looking,but probably smelled the same :P