Tapered shock leaders

This what you mean?

Bite or Shock Tippet, short, heavy section of a leader between the tippet and the fly. The material used can be large diameter monofilament or wire (braided or a single strand). A bite tippet is used where fish have sharp teeth or may abrade through a tippet during the battle.

If so surely BCF, Fishermans Paradise etcWould have them. Might be one for the resident 'Fly Guys' TT

I already have some but i had to import it.See the diameters on the label.Here's a exampleLine starts at 50LB and tapers to 15LB.Along that line it increases or decreases to what you want to use.So if the thin end is 15Lb and i want to join to my 20Lb main line i find an area of the line that looks 20Lb thick and cut it and join it to the main line,then it continues to the end which is 50Lb thick.I think i explained it ok.0LL2MNNP2_zoom.jpg

makes sense now, tapers down in wieght. Tapers down in breaking strain,some will start at 25Lb and go to 85Lb.It's used so the long leader knot passes through the guides easier for distance casting.It's so you don't have a large thick knot changing lines.BCF don't have it and google showed nothing for Australia.All mainly UK.

This mob in NZ (with an Australian number of 1800 182 930) do 12lb and 16lb versions of the "Saltura" brand:http://www.torpedo7.com.au/torpedo7/catalogindexsearch.do?org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN=3b4a6b24d33801ec8b498cafe030aa46&formAction=changepage&searchProductCategories=true&searchForAllTerms=true&caseSensitiveSearch=false&searchAsPhrase=false&searchKeywords=true&searchTitle=true&searchRichDescription=false&searchCode=true&searchPrice=false&sortOrder=bestmatch%3Adesc&searchString=BrandId%3A0L&pageIndex=6&pageSize=24&brandCode=&categoryCode=&subCategoryCode=&minPrice=0.0&maxPrice=2.14748365E9&viewStyle=&sizeCode=&productGroup=

Need to import from UKAsk about taper surfcasting leaders and most guys will point you towards the fly fishing section

Never thought about looking in the fly fishing section' date='i didn’t think fly fishing used 60Lb line.I have been bringing this one in..............15Lb to 60Lbimage.php.jpg

Need to import from UKAsk about taper surfcasting leaders and most guys will point you towards the fly fishing section

Never thought about looking in the fly fishing section' date='i didn’t think fly fishing used 60Lb line.I have been bringing this one in..............15Lb to 60Lb[attachment=12128']image.php.jpg[/attachment]
Sorry, I was been sarcastic. I don't think anyone uses proper tapered shock leaders here in Australia and most people will have no idea what you are talking about or assume you are after a flyfishing leader.The casting guys using them here all import them.Importing from NZ might be an idea as wellhttp://www.tackletactics.co.nz/leader.html