boys im looking at targeting some toothies from the beaches, jettys and rocks (after 9 and b4 5). Im not sure if i should go the overhead or a spin reel. i was thinking either the tld 50 or tyrnos 30w if i was to go overhead, if spin not realy sure. let us know what you use the pros and cons. If i was to go the overhead what 50lb mono is good?thanks in advance,pauly

paulyPossibly a bit of bias at this end, but I reckon my Tyrnos 30 would catch most things...Mono? Used to like Platypus Platinum until I discovered the Kokoda GTR Ultra - greater rated dia for a given poundage I think, but just seems to be better with both knot tying and memory considerations, once again I could be subjective there.I like your mention of the poundage. FWIW I am primarily a boat fisher, both the Tyrnos and the Penn 330 wear 50lb GTR - my simplistic theory is if that line fails I probably wouldn`t have wanted to bring that particular beastie in anyway! :)

Yo - Zuri Hybrid in 50 lb is good line.....loaded on my TLD 30 is good.......used from jetties etcFrom the beach I use 30lb line on spin gear.......either old school Daiwa GS9 or Penn 9500ss (USA model)

thanks LF, yer we were on the beach on fri night and mate got a run on his 30lb and didnt wana stop. ive neva seen something pull like that, i think his rig :c ed him up tho. was a poor excuse for a running sinker.