best soft plastics

I don't believe there are any BEST sp's, but everyone has their own favourites.I can't tell ya anything about mullet or sweep, but I can help with bream and salmon!Salmon aren't overly fussy, and they tend to hit anything moving through the water. If targetting salmon I generally use the flickbaits, with a fairly fast and aggressive action! Berkeley 4" powerbaits are my choice in either pearl/blue or pearl/watermelon coz I think the glitter helps attract the salmon and the blue and green are natural colours.A good starting point for bream are the curltail grubs (atomic fatgrubs, squidgey wrigglers, etc) coz ya dont need a good technique to work them. Just swimming them through the water the tails have plenty of "in-built" action. Apart from that, just think about what bream eat! Crabs, prawns, worms, baitfish, and you'll find any number of plastics on the market which imitate these food sources, and they ALL catch fish.Just get yaself a likely looking selection, head out there and vary ya plastics often. If one aint workin, change it, and keep changing until you start to get hits. Go back the next day, and you'll find they're interested in something different again!Some of my own favourites are:Berkeley powerbaitsAtomic fat grubsGulp sandwormsGulp baby shrimpGulp turtlebacksSquidgey wrigglersto name but a few!

I can't tell ya anything about mullet or sweep, but I can help with bream and salmon......By Ranger.... I would give 2" Gulp Sand-worms or cut 6" into half for mullet, its worth a try anyway.... Try 3" Gulp minnows or Gulp baby squid a go for sweep... Sweep will just about take any-thing when they are on the bite,thats from personal experience on the west coast.....Pt Lincoln.