Salt creek trip 22-23 January

So my dad, brother and myself piled in to my dads 4WD and decided to go down to salt creek for a over night trip. We left about 6.30 Am on the 22 of january two see if we could get our lines wet and get tangled with a big mulloway or 2. We got down there about 10 o'clock and some friends were there already they had caught a 3 foot gummie shark and a ray just before we got there they had pulled in there lines because it was low tide and lot of weed around and you couldn't put your rod into the water with out getting tangled up. We sat around for a while until about twelve then we all decided to go for a drive so we all jumped in the ute and started heading along the beach we went about 5 km from camp and found a nice gutter and threw our lines in the water there. Then about 10 minutes after putting our rods into the water BZZZZZZ! the drag takes off on one of our reels my dad runs off and grabs the rod and sets the hooks, by this time the rods tip is almost touching the ground. We first thought if was a ray until we saw it in the surf it was a big mulloway he fought it for about 5-10 minutes then got it on the beach I ran down and gafed it that was my dads first big mulloway. fished for a while after that and nothing else went back to camp and hung it on some scales and it weighed in at 23 lb.

IMG_20130122_151341_315.jpg