Closed face reels

Hi all well as the topic states it is about closed face reels ,does anyone use them here ,are they any good ? the reason i ask is that i have a small abu baitcaster ,now i am the most hopeless person to use one of these things and recently whilst at fishing wholesalers i saw these ,and thought surley this has to be easier to cast lures around than the constant mess i get myself into using the abu i have a brilliant little rod suited for an overhead and thought mabey this is the way to go ,any suggestions?

Many, many years ago, the family used to use nothing else but Zebco closed face reels for chasing barra up in FNQ. As Ranger said, they are easy to cast accurately and relatively inexpensive and the Zebcos were pretty well bulletproof. I'm not sure if they're still distributed in Australia, but it looks like you can buy them online at Cabela's.Here's a link to the Zebco site in the States:http://www.zebco.com/Check out the "Interactive 2013 New Products Guide" to see the range they have available over there. If you want to read some interesting stuff about the company and how it got its name,click on the "About Zebco" button.Cheersaf

as Ranger said,very accurate but may not be worth your trouble once you master the spin gear.I saw some in at the SFS the other day,first time i've seen them about for a bit.They operate without a roller bearing and usually just retrieve the line over a pin so this can lead to a bit of line twist however the ones i used would be 20 odd years old now so things may have changed. cheers brenton