Commercial fishing survey

Over the next two months, 1 500 people living in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney will be sent a mail survey asking about their beliefs and concerns about various fisheries issues. “The project is looking at why people have certain attitudes towards Australia’s wild-catch commercial fishing industry,” said project leader Dr Nicki Mazur, an ILWS researcher.

Better than nothing I guess? http://news.csu.edu.au/director/latestnews.cfm?itemID=19A69284B1A9F8240CC5A25D7A92E9B5

I have worked with Nicki before on similar projects and they are always about the commercial fishing sectors perceptions within the community (she's a very pleasant girl all the same).Of what value these projects are for anglers is dubious and even for the commercial sector it is puzzeling. But it does provide work for our university boffins. Paid in part by FRDC and the Australian taxpayers.It is my long held personal belief that projects such as these are a waste of money and time and unless they can be translated into practical use that will have a real tangible, social and economic benefit for the community, time and money would be better spent on helping the poor and homeless.