Daiwa sensor 1302hr

I recently bought a Daiwa sensor 13 ft surf rod and a daiwa windcast 6000 reel in preparation for an upcoming fishing trip. I've done my homework and read reviews regarding the rod and haven't discovered any negative feed back on these rods. I've placed the reel onto the reel seat and tightened the reel into place only to find that the reel moves from side to side, so I do up the clamp a little more, without any difference to the play. When I say movement it's not huge but I have no other rods that allow any movement from side to side. I thought it may be the reel foot to start with so I tried other reels on the rod with the same result. Looking closer at the problem it's seems to me that The Fuji reel seat flexes allowing movement. I'm pretty disappointed that a rod with such a good report has an inferior reel seat. I know other owners of these rods don't have the same problem so I'm wondering if its just a bad batch that have made there way into tackle shops. Has anyone had any problems with these rods?Cheers

I own a Sensor but it's an overhead model, so different reel seat. I have owned heaps of threadline rods with Fuji reel seats over the years and never had an issue, they're pretty much known as being the best in the industry. If it's a defect with the seat then it's not necessarily a fault with the rod itself but the componentry, and I'm sure Daiwa will stand behind their finished product. Take it back to the shop you got it from and I'm sure they can work out a swap.

I have spoken to the owner of the tackle shop and he is all to happy to try and help. I've been in and checked his other sensor rods and they have the same problem. I agree Fuji are normally a great product but with all the cost cutting going on in business these days would it be so surprising that the quality is slipping or the rod builder has chosen the cheapest reel seat to fit to the blank? Ill probably return the sensor for the Penn prevail. It's a shame because I've been a daiwa purchaser for years.Thanks for your input ausea and plankton.

b68I don't know whether something like this would help. Years ago, when I bought a Shimano Calais 200, it came supplied with two reel seat spacers (pic attached). These served a two-fold purpose - they lifted the height of the (low profile) reel on some reel seats that were initially too low and also pushed the reel tighter up against the reel clamp. I reckon the reel seat spacers are made of nylon, but perhaps you could knock up something similar out of heavy duty plastic sheet?Just a thought...CheersafCalais200.JPG