Searching for Australia’s Best Bait and Tackle Store

Great opportunity to say thanks to all those Bait and Tackle stores for getting you onto your first big fish or showing you that go to knot and rig or just for having the best conversations about fishing.27.05.13SearchingforAustraliasBestBaitandTackleStore.pdf

Australian Fishing Trade AssociationProtecting Australia’s Fishing FutureTuesday 27 May 2013Searching for Australia’s Best Bait and Tackle StoreThe Australian Fishing Trade Association (AFTA), the peak body representing Australia’s fishing trade wholesalers and retailers is on the search for Australia’s best bait and tackle store.With over 5 million Australians going fishing every year and spending around $10 billion to do so, Australia’s fishing stores are an important part of the fabric in Australia’s recreational fishing community.AFTA’s Chief Executive said “Australia’s fishing stores are legendary.“All of us have a story about our favourite bait and tackle store and the characters that run them. These stores do more than just sell fishing tackle they are repositories for information on where the fish are biting, what they are biting on, the story about the one that got away and the one that didn’t.“Many of these stores also provide a vital community service as a focal point for a range of activities, including teaching kids to fish and conducting on-ground works to improve the riverine and marine habitat.“It’s no wonder many of us spend so much time in these stores.“AFTA feels it’s time to honour these stores and recognise the role they play in our recreational fishing and broader community. That’s the idea behind the AFTA fishing retail store awards. It’s the fishing trade’s version of the Logies!“With over two thousand stores selling bait and tackle we need the help of the general public to find Australia’s Best stores.“We are asking everyone to nominate their favourite store at www.afta.net.au and tell us why their nominated store should be the Best Bait and Tackle Store in Australia.”The winners of Australia’s Best Bait and Tackle Store will be announced at the AFTA Gala Dinner at the AFTA Trade Show on Tuesday 27 August 2013.ENDSMedia Contact: Alice Logan EdwardsMob: 0419 464 270Email: alice.loganedwards@afta.net.au

I'm a big fan of Binks marine, I had a faulty anchor switch, went in and made enquiries. Although he couldn't help me he took the time to identify and find the switch on line from the manufacturer, and sent me on my merry way, I had the switch in my hand 2 day later delivered to my house.Another time I go in after my dad attempted to destroy my trailer lights and wiring, instead of selling me what he had on the shelf, he advises me to shop around and get a heavier duty assembly for my trailer.Not the regular, "i'll get it in (and double the price)" sales pitch, just honest, helpful advice both times.Absolutely no hesitations in making Binks my first stop for anything, whether it be fittings, bolts, extra tackle, bait or burley.Yes I'm developing a man crush