Catching: While "working" in Ceduna last year I had a few good sessions on the local jetties catching squid but the best came after watching a local and having a chat. He was rubbing the ink off the jetty onto his jig after catching a squid before he would throw it back in. I asked why and he said the squid were attracted to it better. The best tip he gave though was when you catch one throw back into the ink cloud asap as there will be other squid investigating what happened. This proved to be spot on as I did this time and time again always getting 3-4 squid from the one ink spot. Cleaning: In the picture you will see a letter opener. This is always in my tackle box for cleaning squid as the blunt blade is ideal for starting an opening in the skin so you can get your thumb in. Also the small nail in the timber handle is to hold the tail of the tube so you can turn inside out by just pushing down. Cooking: The day before you want to cook squid put it in a diluted solution of bicarb and water and leave in the fridge over night. Insure you wash well before cooking but it will always be tender. I was given this tip by a chief and see others on this forum adopt it with success as well.phpzcyR8zAM.jpg