Jig Heads

Hi all well more questions about soft plastics and starting out in using them ,as some know i was given a packet of soft plastics about 30 years ago from a relative for a xmas present ,i looked a them thought it was a joke and threw them in the cupboard ,i still have a handful of them left today there is not much difference in style at all .Anyway i have slowely started to accumulate a few packets of these critters mainly wrigglers but have but have some fish on the way they range in size from 65mm to 120mm what size jig head do you use ? Some may think that is a dumb question ,but when you are first learning it pays to ask questions and listen to good advise which is why i have put up this post as i know lots of guys here flick plastics in fact those salmon trout in another post would have been delicious on my smoker ,all advice taken no responisbilty accepted .cheers waspy

Depends what you chasing mate.. If your trying for snapper in deeper water you just want to get it down there.. If you trying for smaller fish in shallow water the lighter the jig head you can get away with on the day usually which depends on weather, tides.Wriggles have good action in the tail so with a lightish jighead there bestPaddle tails, grubs ect don't need much work to make them look real so I go lighter jighead, where as on the otherhand you got jerk shads that you need to work the shit out of them so I like the extra lead so you can work them harder.I got abit of an idea where you fish and I reckon if you get some white squidgey flick baits and a pack of 1/8 jig heads you'll boat a few snookers which are suppose to be great in the smoker