Bream tips n' tricks

Hi guys, if you've seen my past posts you'd see im new to soft plastics, and baitcasters and that ive been trying on the Onk. This morning I went to the O'sullivans boat ramp as I thought id have a better chance at seeing what I was doing. I could see the fish looking at my lure but they just didn't go near it so im thinking I might need to change things a bit - does anyone have any good recommendations for lures and jig heads?My setup is below5.8ft rodRovex Oberon BC spooled with 4lb mono and a 10lb leader (im aware the mainline might be a bit too light)Zman grubz 2.5' in motoroil and jig head size I cant remember now.What im looking for is suggestion for lures and jig head sizes and anything else that can be suggested too :)

Bream are pretty cagey and difficult to catch on lures at the best of times. If you can see them they can most likely see you and will be reluctant to hit a lure.With bream sp's the jighead is often very light, 1/32 or 1/24oz, and baitcasters are not great at casting really light weights, you might want to try a threadline.4lb mainline is fine for bream depending on the amount of structure around, but 10lb leader will often be too heavy, especially if the water is clear. People use 6, 4 and even 2lb leader usually.Lastly, bream seem to like an sp worked very slowly along the bottom. Just a little lift and drop and let it sit, then repeat. Good luck!

Ok awesome and thanks :)I've only been on he pontoons at the boat ramp so haven't really been casting - more releasing and letting it slowly slink but obviously I need lighter jig heads.I got some Berkeley SP's last week in pumpkinseed which are fairly small too so im hoping the small lure will help to. The idea is to go to other places eventually just decided ive changed to much with the way i fish so I need ot find a sure spot to get my first hook up on the plastics