lures...

Guest matty_G

Guest matty_G

Hi guys,Im fast becoming a lure addict,was just wondering,I read somewhere that you can get some sort of lubricant that you spray on your lures to stop the trebles from rusting.Is this true and also is this the same stuff you can spray on your reels to keep them protected(is this called reelguard?)I also read somewhere that alot of bream fishos remove the front set of trebles,What do others do? I havent done alot of lurin for bream only redfin,stockpiling lures now to hit the onk very soon,any hints I would appreciate,Matty :icon_e_biggrin:

I dont spray anything on mine. I just rinse them in fresh water, let them dry and I keep a few sachets of silica gel dessicant in my tacklebox to absorb any moisture.I dare say innox would be ok to spray on them, but I wouldn't want any artificial smells on my lures.Some do remove trebles but bear in mind this will affect the weight and the way the lure reacts, so ya may need to play around changing the remaining treble/o-ring size to balance and fine tune the lure again, or ya may find ya suspending lure is now a floating lure.