xmas holidays

Guest addict

howdy all strike @ hook members {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif the holidays are nearly here and i know you all have one thing in mind and thats FISHING well i do anyway Where are we all planning to fish :?: and what are we going to try catch theres plenty to try for Im going to chase the metro snapper a little and go to whyalle to fish for those monster kings and big reds and also try salt creek fdr those very elusive mulloway and also planning on taking the kids fishing for monster carp at goolwa north It would be great to here every ones plans for these holidays every body have a great safe holiday with plenty of fish and stories cya

For me xmas is pretty busy because of work and family stuff to do.My Mrs is going away for 3 weeks and i want to do heaps of fishing. I'm gonna try put a heap of fillets and squid in the freezer.I also have the charter in Jan so i hopefully will have a good Snapper to cook up.Sometimes it's the cooking and eating of the fish that does it for me.There's something special about eating fresh seafood you just caught, Washing it down with a few beverages with your mates, and a swim in the pool on a hot day.Summer, Summer, Summer

Guest xtrafishyfish

I've already been off for 2 weeks and been doing well on the local Bay snapper. Tomorrow I'm gonna start chasing the local whiting instead now that they are starting to move thru' in numbers off the sthn metro coast {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif and then start fishing the rock reefs off Grange for snapper after xmas till I go back to work {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks,I'm back from my pilgrimage to Fowlers Bay.The weather was great for 4 days before the Southerly buster hit us.We managed a couple of nice Tuna only a kilometre from the jetty on the first day.Heaps of mutant Tommies,Gar and Snook off the jetty at night time and early morning and had a mind blowing session on Bronzies off a rock ledge on Point Fowler.We caught and released 3, up to 2 and a half metres long and lost 8 in an unforgettable 2 hours.The gear we were using was a bit light on,30lb mono.My 12 year old son landed the only legal Mully,his first and I got another 6 foot Bronzie at the Camel Track beach the day before the storms set in.All in all a great trip,just a shame about the weather.Cheers Phil. size=400http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/v1NSpuY6__Bronzie_on.jpg[/img] size=300http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/GWp6NBhy__Shark_Bronzie.jpg[/img]

We used 30 lb mono with a 2 metre double,attatched to 2 metres of 60kg wire,and a 12/0 Gamakatsu hook.Big Salmon fillets were used as bait.We fished on the bottom using a 4oz running sinker.My mate Tim used a TLD20 on a custom built Sabre LBG stick and I used a cheap CL70 Chinese Ming Yang overhead on an old Ironglass light game rod.The Ming Yang performed well,great drag until a massive Eagle Ray shredded the level wind late in the session.I've removed the level wind and put grommets in the holes.Hoping to completely destroy the reel in the near future. :lol::lol: :twisted: