Best tackle box to buy

I have 3 small tackle boxes full of fishing gear in them,I want to buy 1 big tackle box to fit all the stuff in to from the 3 little tackle boxes.What is the best tackle box to buy,There is so many on the market and dont know which one to buy or which one is the best to buy.Any suggestions,Which one do you guys use,It would help me out heaps.Thanks Marc.

I got a plano soft sided box .. it comes with 4 trays to put tackle and is filled with pockets to put other stuff such as fishing line, windones, traces, ect. The best thing about this bag is that when u really need to fit alot of gear you can undo the zip and the bottom making the hight of the bag increase by about 20cm so u can fit more trays of tackle of fishing reels in it aswell.Hope this helpsTight Lines TD :fishing:

I have a few tackle boxs depending on what fish im going for.A tack box filled with shark tackle, a tackle box filled with just mully tackle which should be seperate to everything else. And a larger tackle box for everything else which i'll take on big trips. When i head to the jetty or beach i'll take my mully tackle box with a bum bag tackle box filled with spare sinkers line and hooks. You don't want to be lugging your entire fishing collection with you everywhere you go!

You don't want to be lugging your entire fishing collection with you everywhere you go!

Except for when you are on the boat, when you will want plenty of gear to suit any number of different species you may encounter/target throughout the day.I used to head out with one species in mind (back in the days where we were guaranteed good consistent catches). These days I go out looking for a mixed bag, so during the course of the day I will toss over a crab net, throw out the squid jags, float for gar, troll for snook, bottom bash for whiting, burley for slimeys, put out a balloon for a shark, hit a reef for snapper, drift for flathead, throw lures at st's. I now carry a lot of gear, and I need it ALL handy!

With the exception of one bag all my boxes are and have been Plano :icon_cool:As far as I know, Plano are the only manufacturer who offer a lifetime warranty on their product and I've had a few times when I've I had to use it. By a few I reckon its probably three in around 20 odd years. Nothing serious or sinister just a broken latch here or there. Reckon thats says alot about the product.I began with one of the old open out type boxes 8606 I think it was back then, but found it way to big for my boat when open so retired that for one like thesehttp://www.planomolding.com/tackle/products.aspThese are much smaller in physical size when getting items out in the boat which at the time was a tinnie. The other advantage of this style of box is that the smaller boxes are relatively inexpensive so you can purchase a few and fill these with similar sized lures or terminal tackle. That way you can simply swap the boxes for those that are more suited to the trip you are doing. For example if heading out to the shelf for tuna, your hardly going to want to take your bream lures along so you fill the box with those trays containing suitable lures and vice versa.

I've just recently purchased a Plano 4700 guide series tackle box. Only cost me $22 and has storage for a stack of lures which is great for hitting the river as I can store bream hb's and also mulloway hb's. Will post a pic when I get a second 8)Here are the pics, has great storage and a bigger area at bottom for larger lures :P size=816http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/QW2Qomx3__CIMG0170.JPG[/img] size=816http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/B3tyvxLB__CIMG0169.JPG[/img]

heyI use to have the three tray plano box but found that in the car or on the boat it would get mixed up a bit inside if you hit a bump or whatever. soo i just bought the soft sider bag with the three trays inside. i only use two trays cos theyre pretty big and that gives me even more room inside...much better. easier to carry if you have to walk a distance on the beach and all the containers are sealed so it can take a tumble...heaps more room too. i must say im much happier with this set up, not too cheap thought ($79) but worth it.