SP's in the surf

hi guys,i am loving fishin with SP's at the moment and with winter approaching i am very keen to try for some sambos with the light gear and SP's.i fish waitpinga regularly with both baits and shineys but have never tried plastics.the main issue i foresee is that at waits the wind is usually in your face hence casting distance may/will be a problem.any hints on plastic types or sizes as well as jighead info will be tried and greatly appreciated.always Keen

I normally use poppers tony. Have caught mulloway, salmon and even elephant sharks on them. Very good idea when teamed up with another dropper with a pilchard. The smelly pilchard brings 'em round then they hit the pilchard. If you miss that bite they will go after the popper. If you get a hookup on the first hit of the cast its normally on the pilchard or squid, second and any after that is normally on the popper.

I normally use poppers tony. Have caught mulloway, salmon and even elephant sharks on them. Very good idea when teamed up with another dropper with a pilchard. The smelly pilchard brings 'em round then they hit the pilchard. If you miss that bite they will go after the popper. If you get a hookup on the first hit of the cast its normally on the pilchard or squid, second and any after that is normally on the popper.

solid gold mate, great info, definitely locked in to the memory bank and will try at first opportunity ;) 8) :P :fishing:Cheers, tonyb.

you guys on this site are awesomesome fantastic tips that will definately get tried within the week, also food for thought too!have wanted to try the poppers for a while now but not had the opportunity until this weekendand i am gonna do some serious experimentingi also have a feeling that using plasties on a bottom rig may cut out some of the frustration caused by crabs too, one can hope anyway ;Dcheers heaps for the replies and may good fishing come your wayalways Keen