Tip for rigging live bait

Can't remember where I learnt this... I think it might have been on tv a while ago, not sure. Anyway its a good tip for rigging up live bait that are going to get hit hard, good for Kingfish. Basically get a rubber band and loop it over the end of your hook. Then using a sewing needle, thread the other end of the rubber band through the front of the eyes of your live bait, avoiding their actual eyes but going through the socket. Then using the loop that's now hanging out the other side of the fishes eye socket, give it a twist and loop it back onto your hook. This isn't my own invented technique so I'm not trying to take credit here... just can't remember for the life of me where I saw it.This rig keeps the bait alive for quite a long time and allows it to swim fairly freely. The other added bonus is that the hook is free by itself so when you strike you have a lot more hooking power rather than having to rip it out of your bait.