SHIMANO SAROS OR DAIWA CALDIA X ???

decisions, decisions!!!Now that ive decided that the heartland 4000 is out of my price bracket, im torn between a saros 4000f and a caldia x 3000, to match my 10-20lb tierra. Both are pretty similar. The caldia x is much lighter ofcourse, and has a better line capacity. But the saros has a hell good rep and is built pretty tough.So ill leave it up to you guys, your thoughts/experiences?, other suggestions?, features/faults with the two?

when i went 2 ray and annes the guy there caught a 65 pound samson on the 4000 caldia kix, ive had a look at the saros and the kix is way more gutsier

A 65 lb samson on a 4000 size reel??!! Hard to believe but some people will extend the truth a bit too get a sale. But maybe not... ::)And as for the reels, I havent had any experience with either BUT make sure you take your rod into your chosen tackleshop and try the reel on to see how it balances out first, much better fishing with a more balanced set up then not

Im just saying what the guy told me and he showed me the reel, i didnt buy anything there or was interteded in anything we were just talking about shimano and daiwa reels

when i went 2 ray and annes the guy there caught a 65 pound samson on the 4000 caldia kix, ive had a look at the saros and the kix is way more gutsier

A 65 lb samson on a 4000 size reel??!! Hard to believe but some people will extend the truth a bit too get a sale. But maybe not... ::)And as for the reels, I havent had any experience with either BUT make sure you take your rod into your chosen tackleshop and try the reel on to see how it balances out first, much better fishing with a more balanced set up then not

I own a Saros 4000 and a Caldia but in the custom kix 2508.I have used the Saros a several times and to be honest, it was ok, I was hoping it would be a whole lot better, ....... now that I think about it I wasn't too happy from its first outing :PIt has a lot of noise from the bearing in the line roller, I didnt think it should have any. Yes you can change them but lets be honest, why should you have too, after shelling out the coin?I have since given it to my daughter as the reel for her outfit. So it now live's on a rod with pink grips :icon_e_surprised:I know my Caldia isnt the same size but if the build is the same quality ect I would buy the Daiwa.Cheers Ian ;D