Rovex Magnite Rods.

I normally use a penn sports rod for snapper 8-10 O/H model.Does the job fairly well for the price I paid and took a beating. Its finally started to die on me with a couple of guides cracking and causing some unwanted bust offs.I am looking at a similar rod and saw the rovex magnites, I'd probably go for the 6 or 8kg model and team it up with a tekota 500. They seem to have a reasonable action.Anyone have any opinions on these or anything else worth looking at? I'm looking to spend up to $150 on a rod although these are priced at a lot less.CheersMarty.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 10kg Rovex with a Shimano Tekota 600 and 20lb platypus lowstretch line. It had no trouble with a 5.5 foot bronzie and a few snapper to 65cm.It has a completely different feel to the penn sports 8-10kg that I also use.I haven't had it long and am still getting familiar with it.It is lighter.

Guest big lizard

The Rovex's are a very tough affordable rods, i've sold heaps of them and none have come back busted, no doubt if they are loaded incorrectly or treated with disrespect they will explode....