Rapala Braid Concept 2-4 kg

• 2 years later...

I've had two 6 - 12 kg ones break at the tip. Both have been replaced for free after i emailed rapala direct.The local rep wouldn't replace them because he said they don't break. Ended up going over his head twice.I have a 10 to 20 kg one now. Got that after the second 6 to 12 kg rod broke at the tip.Provided they don't break they are really nice rods to use but obviously i wouldn't pay for another one.

Cheers Nanman. Seems to be a bit on the net about the rods breaking.Im after a 6'6" two piece, and these are going out for $99 at the moment.Kind of makes it tough to put any faith in the rod when there are reports of breakages. I guess I was hoping it was only the heavy models that went ping!!

Mate i think for $99 its probably a good buy. They are nice rods to use provided they don't break.The 10 to 20kg stick i have now has been good for 12 months. I've caught a lot of tuna on it plus a rat king.Lovely rod to use, nice action and has oversize runners which is good for braid to leader knots.I've been extra careful with it and its been good.

Hey mate- a good couple of years back I had the 7'2 2-4kg version. This was a great bream rod, quite a stiff action and a solid butt section that I wouldn't hestiate to use on bgger fish, but still light enough to use soft plastics with. Unfortunately mine broke- but only because the wind blew it into the jam of the car door, and then blew th door shut haha- and pop it went. Other than this I could not see how this rod would faulter, I know some people have had issues with the higher kg rated rods snapping, but still not overly common.

I like the guides the heavier models have. Really big and classy looking. Best bit is braid to leader knots pass through easily.Did you get your money back weaver? If not email rapala in sydney. They were really helpful to me.I gave them pics of the broken rods and they shipped new ones to my local tackle shop. Thats what i call good service.

I was casting a chubby ( 3-4gm) last SABT event on a 2 day old 2-4' date=' it snapped mid way down under no load during the cast, Steer clear!!![/quote']Thats not too good at all. I was going to fish the rod hard, so I didnt have enough confidence in the rods to buy one. While that is a bit poo for you Weaver, hearing that kind of made me glad I did steer clear.