Rigs for Pt Augusta Kingfish

Dare I ask, but could I please be Spoon-fed some helpful info on tackle/rigs to catch a Pt Augusta Kingie.have been googling and reading reports, but still unsure of what line/ hooks / leader is best to use for port augusta.will be trying early sat morning to catch some squid for live-bait.can someone describe how to attach live squid to the hook/s.will be fishing in my bro's boat and I would love to see his bottom lip drop (and you know who's lip) when I hook onto a nice kingy :woohoo: :woohoo: any other helpful info will be humbley accepted and I will acknowledge your input if I strike it lucky.Rick

Guest AC Hardfronts

here is how i do it.. Main line 15-24kg, then tie a Double Bimini or plait, then attached to a wind on Leader 80lb to 150lb, Crane Swivel, then to 1mt trace line, 80lb to 150lb.. hook space varies for size of live bait, one through the hood on through the bottom of tube near the head.... Tie balloon direct to main line, will pop when king grabs it no worries.. or tie on with light mono that will break away.. Worked for me a few months back...Hooking a kings is only the start, you may end up with the lip dropping when you get your pants pull down by a bolting king.. :woohoo: Posted Image

post-3650-139623758678_thumb.jpg

Worked for me a few months back...

ripper !!!thanks a lot for that hardfronts... exactly what I was after... yee haa !!!lucky that I looked at what i thought was your signature, even a diagram :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: not really expecting to land a monster, but ya just never know!!!we will be following some of the SAFWAA boy's who are regulars there, so we should be in the right spots.
Guest AC Hardfronts

cheers.. I change the depth of my live bait through the day.. sometimes near the bottom.. or 1mt below the surface.. i got this one near the bottom.. but then another bait got taken literally 30cm from the side of the boat.. school of hungry kings came through about an hour before we were gonna call it.. after 3days of strong winds and rain.. 15mins of chaos made the trip..

we ate kingfish a couple of weeks ago. bloody beautiful.

took one home about 80 cm and found it awsom eating the whole family loved it and was easy as to fillet.

was this from the wedgie charter or your pt augusta trip carps?haven't seen a report from augusta?top fish hardfronts. you tagged it by the looks.had a good look at your rig and have put it in the too hard basket for me at the moment. will be trying a very simple rig of 50lb main with 100lb leader. geez, its near impossible for me to snell an 8/0 hook.that rotten ronnie brother has been doing some research to make my bottom lip drop.sent me this video on live squid baitinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7AgFt0lai8hope we get 15 minutes of chaos :woohoo: :woohoo: