I'm still around

Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still around,I'll find out latter this month if I am having my knee replaced or not.Was told I'm not but then in the letter to my GP the hospital GP said I probably will be , just waiting on the surgeon to decide.Enough of that!!!Have been consumed with making that small/tiny popper fly,when I haven't been sick or working. FINALLY getting there with it. For the better fly tiers it would be easy but he with 10 thumbs those small flies are a bugger.And I am going super glue free for a change!!!!So :dry: anyway the wife thought I need to go have a flick.I managed an hour walk(jeez I need the exercise) along the steps and casting .No fish but I took some location pics ;) When the weather improves and I hunt those monsters that hang around in ankle deep water the location pictures will stop :)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

benny wrote:

Wondering where you have been! BTW There is some good bream starting to show up, I reckon they will be suited to your flies as they are basking or just cruising the shallows.I hope your knee gets better, and get some real nice bream this season!

Was looking for them today along bartley tce as u can see .Mind u they didnt show up. :( Thanks about the knee .Although the fish weren't playing the fly worked well so that's a start .Persistence is the key .If its 23 Friday they should all be out getting a sun tan I'll be at work so they'll be safe. :P Cheers
benny wrote:

Any calm day should be worth a go, saw some big garfish too, would be fun on fly.

GARFISH are back !!!!!I have date with them buggers !!!Was having fun getting hits and misses before I hurt my knee :blush: Perhaps next time I will go back to an old haunt BennyJezzz now I want to gofishing again :woohoo:

Should head out in the morning ;) I saw the big bream and the garfish near where I live (the flats by the rowing club). With the garies it might be worth tying one of those shrimp flies heres a link: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=dfh7YoKiz_oC&pg=PA62&lpg=PA62&dq=amphipod+flies&source=bl&ots=N6SLbgnL31&sig=yQ7HtIFH0-0gI0EWNrHYd1HLD60&hl=en&ei=vS2iSv2fEozo6gPa06XpCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#v=onepage&q=amphipod%20flies&f=false the fly would also be worth using on the big cruisers hanging around.

benny wrote:

Should head out in the morning ;) I saw the big bream and the garfish near where I live (the flats by the rowing club). With the garies it might be worth tying one of those shrimp flies heres a link: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=dfh7YoKiz_oC&pg=PA62&lpg=PA62&dq=amphipod+flies&source=bl&ots=N6SLbgnL31&sig=yQ7HtIFH0-0gI0EWNrHYd1HLD60&hl=en&ei=vS2iSv2fEozo6gPa06XpCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#v=onepage&q=amphipod%20flies&f=false the fly would also be worth using on the big cruisers hanging around.

Thanks for the link ben .I'm still on my surface popper craze,yep the bream are still shy just at the moment.And i know the garfish will hit them they were when the weather was warmer .I was lazy today didnt want to put the waders on :blush:
benny wrote:

Ya wont need them ;) The bream were in around 10 incles of water, and ya might have to go commando-style of fishing to sneak up on them! :P Did ya spot any fish today?

Thats how I like it :laugh: .Now u know a little secret look where they are feeding in the shallows then cast your fly and wait !!there is more to it but I worked it out myself :P Nope didnt see one .The asian aussie couple that I passed had caught 1 tiny fish and the two guys on a pontoon looked fishless as well.