Lucanus Jigs

Guest davidm#2

Guest davidm#2

gdayA few weeks ago i was watching a ifish show and they were fishing arno bay using lucanus jigs which i had never heard of before :huh::huh: . they were catching plenty of big snapper and i was thinking of giving them ago :silly: has ne 1 used them before and r they worth the shot?? :laugh::laugh:

Been around for a little while now and quite a few copies around too. Daiwa have one called a bay rubber which I believe is even more expensive than the shimano lucanus. River to Sea have the octo sniper, Gillies have the octa killer I think which my missus has now got. I have a lucanus. So we are yet to have a jig off to see which one works better ;):lol:

yeah mate they are worth a shot.the lucanus have reasonally small hooks which increases hookup rate, i have seen this 1st hand with other brands are missing bites & lucanus getting fish consistently.downside is the smaller hooks are prone to damage from pliers & snapper jaws, get a couple spare skirts & hook sets aswellcheersBigAshhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iejp3tChcg8

davidm#2 wrote:

thanks for the tips guys B) . big ash were u the skipper on board that ifish show with paul worstling and the legend merv hughes :ohmy: :cheer: cheers

yeah matethats me the stupid lookin one who gets to give them thumbs up. all that footage was filmed continuously, that's why merv was whingin about the back being sore. 1 fish after the other & bait wasn't working at all believe it or notSpending a few days with Big Merv was a great experience, a great guy & had some time for everyone. cheersBigAsh