I have been lucky enough to see a couple Great Whites when I lived over on KI many years ago (biggest to 17 feet approx ) this looks like a monster link below for interesting readhttp://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/monster-shark-bites-great-white-in-half/story-e6freuy9-1225791557651would not like to see one of these in my tinnieBlighty

I did a report on the whole drum line thing for uni. Its a joke, yes it kills sharks but there is an ridiculous amount of bycatch. It doesn't scare them off or anything like that it is just there to kill sharks... The idea is completely daft to me as there were so few attacks before they were put in place anyway, so all they do is keep numbers of sharks down. I hope they get rid of the drum lines, not good for the environment at all.Shark nets are as much of a joke, they kill more other species than sharks and most of the sharks are caught on the beach side of the nets. I originally thought they were a continuous net stopping sharks from getting in but through looking into it they are only around 100m long and the shark can swim above, below and to the left or right of the net. Again is not a deterrant but a different way of killing them. Sad really

completely agree with what ya's are saying about the drum lines and shark nets. i'd be willing to sacrifice a dozen humans a year to see the back of such so called 'protection' measures and as mentioned the efficiency of these measures is questionable.on another note, does the bitten shark pic look a bit dodgy, even photoshoppy, to anyone else?always Keen

completely agree with what ya's are saying about the drum lines and shark nets. i'd be willing to sacrifice a dozen humans a year to see the back of such so called 'protection' measures and as mentioned the efficiency of these measures is questionable.on another note, does the bitten shark pic look a bit dodgy, even photoshoppy, to anyone else?always Keen