YFW HB lures

Well that time of the year is fast approaching us again where the yellowfin whiting appear on our coastline and provide great entertainment and meals :P. Over the past few years I've only being using the traditional method to catch these guys on live tube worms off metro beaches. Majority would say that this is the best and easiest way to catch them but this year I would like to try a different approach. Seeing I entered the world of HB lures not long ago (with the capture of my first bream on HB) I was thinking of using some sort of popper or HB lure to catch them, it would be so exciting!If anyone could give some tips to get me started I would greatly appreciate it. What I was wondering is what sort of lures seem to work well, where these luring methods seem to work best (ie as I usually go for these guys off of the tennyson/semaphore area lures are very difficult to be casting when your faced with south-westerly/westerly seabreezes), and just peoples thoughts on how effective this form of chasing YFW is compared with real live bait.CheersMichaelP.S I also own a kayak and was thinking of looking for them around the barker inlet area, is this area with hunting for them with lures, ie shallow sandy patches with a popper?

Btw the only problem I can see with poppers/HB lures off metro beaches is the fact that the YFW tend to only feed on live tube worms, therefore it doesnt seem like a logical area to be using these sort of lures that imitate baitfish. Has any1 had much luck with these around this area?