Another wasted trip

Well I decided to hit another beach at West lakes .It didn't start well I tied on the fly that the mulloway hit on Friday and the tail came off in my fingers .Not the start I wanted so trying on a new fly off I went .Seeing some of that yucky weed part way I decided to steer clear of it .Well what a shock this beach was I waded and cast nothing.Should point out the wind was shocking pushing my fly shore-wards.I went right up to the bridge at the end of the beach before finding any fish and I almost stepped on them they were hiding in the shadows just before the foot bridge.I got a few pops and that was that.Walking back to the other end of the Beach and the no entry to public sign .I went back in the water and started casting at the first seaweed bed .once again a few pops from tiddlers.moving up the beach the same thing would happen including at the yucky weed along the bank .Exiting the water and moving past the weed I hit the next seaweed bed nothing right back up to the bridge nothing.Strange thing is I thought the wind had changed direction cast back where I had waded from and pop tiny fish again jumping at the fly .But the wind hadn't changed so I was casting forwards and walking backwards nothing.Decided to try again in fact I did this a total of four times over this Beach .And kept getting small tiddlers a popping .Plus the odd jump out in the centre of the lake that I couldn't cast at due to the damn wind .Fourth time I actually got a pop at the last seaweed bed.I did a 1/4 wade of the beach with the wind getting stronger and called it quits perhaps in all 2 a bit hours at this beach .Only ever caught small fish there but even they weren't feeding today .Homework this week some more popper flies !!Cheers