new spinning reel

Guest undertaker

Guest undertaker

G'day all,after a few suggestions / opinions on a new spinning reel.It's for my father-in-law (outlaw / tight wad),who fishes from his boat for whiting over on Yorkes just about everyday since his recent retirement.I'm looking at a budget of around $200 to $250,I know the "flash brands" etc,but not sure on size / models etc.He is strictly a "mono" guy.......no braid for him.......not so critical I guess,since most of his drops are 6m or less.Any advice / comments appreciated.At least he looks after his gear,and I'm confident for that sort of money,I'll get a decent reel...........for in a few years,it'll be mine anyway ;)

Well i dont know much about shimano so i cant suggest any of them but for $200 theres the daiwa freeams kix. holds 200mtrs of 10lb mono, good drag. Dawia Tierra 2500, $250. holds 140 mts of 10 lbThe freeams seems like good value for money and i reckon with a 7 kg drag, the 2500 size would be plenty on the whiting.