sat 14th nov

Well with another of our heat record days forecast I headed down to west lakes for a flick.Got to my favourite spot and met Brenton from strike and hook forum.Had a quick chat and headed to the next little rocky outcrop and beach.Not a lot happened the odd jump from tiddlers and after about a 1/2 hour or so I was headed back to the first section of the lake.And of course along the way a smallish fish did a very nice aerial acrobatic jump at my fly and missed .Met up with Brenton and he showed me his picture of a very nice mullieway that he had just caught.So back to the beginning and yep I walked into the water right were a guy in kayak with about four rods was fishing .Bad luck I thought and I was getting the odd smallish fish jump and not much else.Deciding to change my fly I headed out to dry land and lawn .Switched my fly from bright pink to Yellow thinking thats more of a Bream colour.Walked back to where I had started from and started casting .And then I realised something was different the wind had picked up and the water was very choppy .this started working in my favour fish jumping and a popping my fly all up the beach .then I saw what size they were my god they were tiny tiny tiddlers .By the time I reached my car I had been in the water for 3 hours !! and I was sunburnt had a headache my knees ached my wrists my back and was I thirsty .BUT the reason I went home the only fish that were hitting my fly were all smaller than fly !!!So that was my Saturday morning flick in temps heading towards over 30c again .

brenton wrote:

you did well to stick it out that long micky,especially considering the absence of any decent bream. cheers brenton

Changing my fly up on the lawn I actually saw the "big ones" sitting in a hole in the sand mate .I couldn't for the life of me get anything bigger than my last catch look at my flies .And even at that size they were few and far between .And eveery time one got near I moved the damn fly and off they went :dry: .Anyway I got some practice casting in the wind got the tiny tiny tiddlers hungry :blink: And if I get anymore sunburnt I could put a landsright claim on West Lakes :woohoo: :P only joking guys no offence meant .When I left there was one householder having a bait fish no one else was around and the tide had gone out .Plus the missuss was surprised I was gone so long :P IMHO u have to put in the long hours to get a fish or two .Just don't mention lost big ones I seem to do that with out practice ;)